A brand transformation for NTT DATA Business Solutions.
When experts for digital transformation transform their own brand.
With its 12,000 employees, NTT DATA Business Solutions is a globally leading company in the industry of digital technologies. The corporation, whose headquarter is situated in Bielefeld, is specialized in SAP products and services and was formerly known by the name of “itelligence”.
At the beginning of 2021, the company decided to undergo a full brand transformation in order to emphasize its affiliation and close connection to the global NTT DATA Group in the external communication: itelligence should become NTT DATA Business Solutions.
BECOMING THE BRAND-NEW NTT DATA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS.
We as a B2B agency got the opportunity to support our customer with the complete transformation of the brand itelligence into NTT DATA Business Solutions. The most important points on our to-do list:
- Developing of a clear brand definition
- Updating the employer value proposition
- Creating a new corporate design based on the CI of the umbrella brand NTT DATA
- Transferring the new brand concept on all corporate assets
A new brand, please. But with foresightful planning!
Transforming a brand from top to bottom is not a rush job; at the beginning of this complex project, we therefore asked ourselves a couple of important questions:
- How can we transfer the customer connectivity to the very successful brand itelligence to the new brand NTT DATA Business Solutions?
- Can this fundamental change eventually intensify the already close relations to the brand – with regard to customers as well as employees?
- Which overall proposition leads to a continuously flourishing business while causing attention on the market of digital technologies?
And not to be forgotten: Can we accomplish the global brand transformation in less than 5 months – from the first brand definition to the final adjustments of the web-content?
Transformation is not about technology. It´s about making it work for you.
At first, a small step back – then a major leap forward.
Thus, the interdisciplinary team at wob had its work cut out. Great that we were able to rely on a lot of experience, tried and proven processes as well as a constantly professional exchange with NTT DATA Business Solutions.
To start with, we created a solid foundation by developing a clear brand definition – including brand purpose, value proposition to customers and employees, value system as well as positioning within the company and in the market. Hereby, it was important to underline that NTT DATA Business Solutions is not only an expert for SAP technologies: The company, based in Bielefeld, is also known for their IT solutions, which get customized according to the specific needs of the clients.
The brand creates the business.
With this messaging and the concurrent beginning of a new chapter in the history of the company, the new brand did not only create excitement among employees though:
Being rolled out in a global B2B campaign in more than 20 countries, the new brand also became the first contact point for thousands of customers and prospects in the region of EMEA and North America.
A summary of the most important KPIs:
- During the awareness phase, up to 200% of traffic increase on the target pages (e. g. about us, pages for LoBs and industries): not only generated through advertising, but also other marketing channels (e. g. organic reach growth)
- 20 million impressions thanks to programmatic banners as well as LinkedIn and Facebook ads lead to a considerable growth of followers in the social media channels
- Click-through and conversion rates over the industry benchmark (according to LinkedIn Benchmark Report of July – September 2021)
- Over 500 generated leads in sales-related buying centers
These compelling results lead to the subsequent decision to also expand the campaign to the Asia-Pacific and South American regions.
The mammoth project “brand transformation” is best realized together.
The various brand touchpoints and communicative messages were created in close collaboration between different teams from NTT DATA Business Solutions and us as the PR and website agency.
Correspondingly, a variety of white papers, strategic guides, SEO clusters, sales presentations, and other elements of the customer journey were transferred to the newly developed corporate design and rolled out globally afterwards.
THE BRAND DEFINES THE COMPANY.
Certainly, the economic factors play a central role in the external communication of a company. But from our professional experience we can say with conviction that the ongoing development of the employer brand is every bit as important.
At NTT DATA Business Solutions, the updated employer value proposition (EVP) generated a positive effect among staff members as it strengthened the relationship between employees and the company – and this on a global basis. Anything but certain for a company of this magnitude!
Right away, we had top experts on our side who took care of every task in this enormous project. Not only did we appreciate the cooperative and friendly interaction with the wob team, we were also excited by the quality of the results that they delivered.Torsten Scholz, Vice President Marketing, NTT DATA Business Solutions AG
A transformation is only complete, if it leads to success.
Our contributions were decisive for NTT DATA Business Solutions to develop a full marketing framework in just about 5 months, to manage a global rollout directly afterwards – and, by the way, to put out the biggest awareness campaign in company history.
And all of this with resounding success – because the new brand has established itself quickly among employees as well as on the global market, thanks to its clear set up and precise messaging. Thus, numerous chances for sales and distribution have been generated.
You want to learn more about NTT DATA Business Solutions? Contact us or receive further information on https://nttdata-solutions.com/.